Here are some steps to take to put you on a path to “overnight success.” Keep in mind that it will take a combination of effort, steps, focus and commitment to create your “overnight success” status and it is doable. Scholars have noted overnight successes as emerging leaders. It’s similar to the hero’s journey. Whatever you call it, it’s a worthwhile path that you will be glad you took, not only for yourself but for those people whose lives you will touch.
1. You can make big headlines by coming up with big ideas but unless you can stay around and see them through, someone else will get credit for your work. The trick is to stir things up a bit and then create something new. Most people quit before the pie is done.
2. You can have a dream and work passionately at it until it becomes a reality. Don’t let anyone talk you out of it. When the going gets tough, keep on going because that’s what winners do. They don’t lose sight of what they want to achieve.
3. You have energy, excitement and enthusiasm about what you want to achieve and it’s contagious. You not only talk about it, you show it, you live it and everyone around you gets excited, too. Now, I’m not suggesting that you be Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde. Be consistently optimistic.
4. You get other people involved and supporting you so you don’t have to go it alone. It’s about team building and you have a winning team around you. This involves networking, staying in contact with people, personal marketing, joining or starting a master mind group and always talking to the guy or gal sitting next to you on the plane.
5. You can listen to the truth and learn from it rather than being crushed. You don’t want all “yes” people around you. Be willing to have the devil’s advocate around just to keep you on your toes.
6. You are a follow through type person. Your word is your honor. People can always count on what you say. It’s a value and it’s a way to honor yourself as well as others.